Book Works is delighted to announce that Oliver Chanarin and Adam Broomberg have designed the artwork for our first ever raffle ticket Blinded by Love. Each ticket edition is signed and numbered by the artists in a limited edition of 500.
Following our recent Catalyst Evolve Award from Arts Council England, Book Works is launching an annual fundraising event in order to raise money which will go towards our new artists’ commissions, events, and workshops. Thanks to this award, each ticket sold at £25.00 will be worth double (£50.00) to us.
Book Works Summer Party and Raffle Prize Draw
Thursday 29 June, 7–10pm
1-2 Warner Yard
London, EC1R 5EY
To help us celebrate Book Works’ forthcoming programme and to hear about the ways that you can support us, each ticket includes an invitation to our Blinded by Love Summer Party specially hosted by Hollybush Gardens and featuring a guest reading by Holly Pester and our first-ever Raffle Prize Draw, where you might be the lucky winner of one of our special prizes, kindly donated by the artists.
Prizes, scrolling from left to right
1. Intrepid Potash, Tacita Dean (2014). Hand printed c-print on half matte resin coated photographic paper. Dimensions 400mm x 600mm. Edition no. 14/20, (edition of 20 plus 5 AP).
2. Seven Sins Bronze Hand, Douglas Gordon (2015). Lifesize cast of the artist’s hand. Polished bronze. Dimensions 180mm x 80mm. Edition no. 25/25, (edition of 25).
3. Blinded by Love, Oliver Chanarin and Adam Broomberg (2017). Giclée print with hand-gilded lettering. Dimensions 900mm x 675mm. Edition no. 1, (edition of 1 plus 2 AP).
4. Behind Reason, Slavs and Tatars (2012). A set of 6 prints, mimeograph on paper, dimensions variable, presented in a portfolio 370mm x 520mm. Edition no. 17/30 (edition of 30 plus 1 AP).
5. A gilded pork pie from The Ginger Pig, baked in the traditional method using hand-raised hot-water pastry, packed with meat and finished with the all-important jelly, hand gilded with gold leaf by Book Works Studio.