Book Works is delighted to announce a limited edition print created by artists Oliver Chanarin and Adam Broomberg for our first ever raffle Blinded by Love. Each edition is signed and numbered in a limited edition of 500, and also acted as a raffle ticket for the fundraiser event.
The edition is 210 x 297mm and foil blocked with gold text by Book Works Studio.
The fundraising raffle was held at our 2017 summer party on 29/06/17. Details of the event and prizes that were drawn are below:
Following our recent Catalyst Evolve Award from Arts Council England, Book Works is launching an annual fundraising event specially supported by Hollybush Gardens in order to raise money which will go towards our new artists’ commissions, events, and workshops. Thanks to this award, each ticket sold at £25.00 will be worth double (£50.00) to us.
Book Works Summer Party and Raffle Prize Draw
Thursday 29 June, 7–10pm
1-2 Warner Yard
London, EC1R 5EY
To help us celebrate Book Works’ forthcoming programme and to hear about the ways that you can support us, each ticket includes an invitation to our Blinded by Love Summer Party and featuring a guest reading by Holly Pester and our first-ever Raffle Prize Draw, where you might be the lucky winner of one of our special prizes, kindly donated by the artists.
Prizes, scrolling from left to right
1. Intrepid Potash, Tacita Dean (2014). Hand printed c-print on half matte resin coated photographic paper. Dimensions 400mm x 600mm. Edition no. 14/20, (edition of 20 plus 5 AP).
2. Seven Sins Bronze Hand, Douglas Gordon (2015). Lifesize cast of the artist’s hand. Polished bronze. Dimensions 180mm x 80mm. Edition no. 25/25, (edition of 25).
3. Blinded by Love, Oliver Chanarin and Adam Broomberg (2017). Giclée print with hand-gilded lettering. Dimensions 900mm x 675mm. Edition no. 1, (edition of 1 plus 2 AP).
4. Behind Reason, Slavs and Tatars (2012). A set of 6 prints, mimeograph on paper, dimensions variable, presented in a portfolio 370mm x 520mm. Edition no. 17/30 (edition of 30 plus 1 AP).
5. A gilded pork pie from The Ginger Pig, baked in the traditional method using hand-raised hot-water pastry, packed with meat and finished with the all-important jelly, hand gilded with gold leaf by Book Works Studio.